Berkeley Lab

Third Country National Visa Processing in Canada or Mexico

Because of the geographic proximity of Canada and Mexico to the U.S., a nonimmigrant may wish to seek a new visa stamp from a U.S. consulate or embassy in Canada or Mexico.

If you wish to apply for a nonimmigrant visa as a third-country national in either Canada or Mexico, please visit this site.

Please note that there are restrictions to this benefit for individuals from certain countries, individuals who have previously violated the terms and conditions of their visa status, and individuals who hold certain types of nonimmigrant visas. If you would like to apply for a visa outside your home country, please contact an International Researchers and Scholars Office (IRSO) Advisor.